Dear Food Diary:
The wild onion aka ramp season is here again and I couldn’t be more excited. I’ve already grilled a few batches at home and can’t wait to have in all sorts of creative ways at the Ramp Fest 2015 coming up May 2nd in Hudson Valley.
We had such a fun time last year. Check out some of the highlights and get your tickets!
The Basilica Hudson was packed with fellow ramp lovers and restaurants from across NY. Meet this year’s participants.
Ramp in every way imaginable – grilled, in a scone with ice cream, burger, tart, on oysters, as a sauce, in pancake, as a relish. Boy, I was in love with all the creative ideas.
These two were my favorite:
Another favorite, simple but oh so good. Fresh mozzarella, grilled asparagus, portabella, lavender lemon preserve and grilled ramp salsa verde (I would love to bottle that and pour it on absolutely everything).
Ramp Fest Hudson 2015 Dishes:
- Ramp Tater Tots with Ramp Aioli (Swoon Kitchenbar, Chef Jeff Gimmel)
- Ramp and Lamb Kofta with Ramp Borahi (Another Fork in the Road, Chef Jamie Parry)
- Ramps, Pork Cheek, Lemongrass and Wasabi (The Crimson Sparrow, Chef John McCarthy)
- Ramp Jalapeño Margarita (Miss Lucy’s Kitchen, Chef Marc Propper)
- Bone Marrow Matzoh Balls with Chicken and Ramp Broth (Fresh Company, Chef Shelley Boris)
- Salad of Marinated Squid, Escarole, Cauliflower, Grilled Lemon, Farro and Ramps (The Farmer’s Wife, Chef Job Yacubian)
- Zinke’s Microgreens and Ramp Salad, Hudson Valley Duck Confit, Berle Farm Crowdie, Pickled Ramps, Crushed Marcona Almonds with Ramp Pesto Vinaigrette (John Andrews Farmhouse Restaurant, Chef Dan Smith)
- Ramp Arancini (Gaskins, Chef Nick Suarez)
- Galantina Di Pollo-North Winds Farm Chicken with Ramp Aioli (Ca’Mea, Chef Wilson Costa)
- Charred Ramp and Carolina Ramp Custard with Ramp-Walnut Pesto (Gallow Green, Chef R.L. King)
- Wood Oven Roasted Beet Bruschetta, Pickled Ramps, Feta Cheese, Charred Ramp and Pistachio Pesto (Market St/Cucina, Chef Gianni Scappin)
- Ramp Quesadilla with Roasted Ramp Salsa (The Red Onion, Chef Kevin Katz)
- Sauteed Ramps, Puglia Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Organic Roasted Peppers, Infused Ricotta and Pecorino Crotonese Cheese (Truck Pizza, Chef Alvaro Medina)
For more details visit rampfesthudson
Get your tickets and see you there!