Happy Chinese New Year Everyone!
Happy Year of the Horse 2014!
To start off the season, Godiva sent over a box of their 2014 Year of the Horse Limited Edition. With fun flavors like White Chocolate Pineapple Macadamia, Milk Chocolate Cherry Almond and Dark Chocolate Caramel Pear.
A sweet and beautifully packaged box of chocolates – best shared with family and friends.
Here’s a little music to get into the holiday mood.
I’m not super traditional. To me, celebrating the days of the New Year consist of a ridiculous amount of delicious food and drinks with the people you love. So here are some of my picks:
Chinese New Year Ideas
• Peking Duck House
• A day in Chinatown (dim sum, karaoke, bubble tea and dinner)
• Hop Lee (cantonese style dinner)
• Land of Plenty (Midtown East)
• A Shanghainese meal
• Take a taste trip to China (with a ride on the 7 train)
• Gather around and make dumplings
• Laut is serving traditional CNY dishes (like money bags and Lo Hei/ Yuseng – served until Feb 14th)
Because the festivities go on for 2 more weeks, it’s all about eating and eating. But, no matter where and how you spend it, ultimately it’s who you celebrate with that counts. Hope you have an awesome time with family and friends.
Here’s to more good eats and good health in the Year of the Horse.
(And if you happen to find yourself in Iceland, eat a horse steak – surprisingly delicious)
Xin Nian Kuai Le,